Saturday, January 1, 2011

Observing My Senses

For Today, January 1, 2011...

I am seeing...blue skies, and trees going crazy in the wind. It's in the low 70's right now, and the winds are blowing at 16 mph, making it a cool, comfortable day. When I think of all the people living up north, piling on layers of clothes and shoveling snow, I say Thank You Lord for sending me to Florida!!!

I am feeling...excited about the future, though I can't shout about it. The air has been so dry it's irritated my bronquial passages which made me cough alot yesterday, which in turn has caused me to lose my voice. I'm sure there are some members of my household that aren't sad to hear about it :P.

I am hearing...the wind outside, the cartoons on tv, the youngest son giggling, the oldest son snoring. The only thing I can't hear is my own voice (I promise, I wasn't screaming or anything yesterday).

I am tasting...sharp cheddar cheese with a yummy croissant. Ooh lala, what a French type of breakfast LOL.

I am smelling...sausages and ham. I baked a ham for dinner yesterday and there's lots of leftovers. Good thing my hubby loves ham and eggs.

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings. Won't you join me?

2 comments:

Shirley said...

It's windy AND cold here this morning. Brrrr...

Your breakfast sounds yummy! Enjoy!

Dawn said...

Interesting meme! Thanks for sharing!