Friday, March 25, 2011

Recipe Time

I have just GOT to share this recipe with ya'll. Last week it was featured in our Publix circular, and it looked easy and interesting. Since I had a pork tenderloin in the freezer (they'd been Buy One Get One Free a few weeks back) I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm so glad I did! Even E, the finicky eater of the family, said it was great, and his Daddy (who E inherited finicky eating from) enjoyed it as well. So here you go. Give it a try.

Pork with Lemon Dill Sauce

1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb.)
4 slices bacon
4 toothpicks
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup lemon dill sauce, divided *

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Cut tenderloin into 4 equal pieces. Wrap each piece of the pork with a slice of bacon, then secure ends of bacon with toothpicks; season with salt and pepper (Note: I seasoned the meat before wrapping with bacon). Place pork on baking sheet and top each with 1 tablespoon lemon dill sauce. Bake 15-20 minutes or until pork is 160 degrees F for medium (I baked for 45 minutes. Hubby likes his meat cooked longer). Let stand 2-3 minutes before serving. Remove toothpicks and serve.

*I purchased already prepared lemon dill sauce from Publix. If you don't have Publix supermarkets in your area, check with the deli and see if they have something similar. Or, you can make Emeril Lagasse's Lemon Dill Sauce. You'll find the recipe here. I served this with fried plantains, broccoli and a salad, but it would also be delicious with cheesy mashed potatoes.

1 comment:

Mrs. O said...

*gasp* You made pork tenderloin in the oven?!? I thought that's what the slow cooker was for! ;)

And yes, I guess I have not trained my husband well.