Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, March 1, 2011...

Outside my window...the sun is blaring, the wind is sweet and cool, and there's no humidity to speak of. Who says it's still winter?

I am thinking...we're in March already?!

I am thankful...my hubby didn't get sent to Central Florida after all. One of his co-workers got sick and he's having to cover for him.

I am going...to try and finish painting doors and door frames. I say that everyday and everyday something else has to be done first.

I am wearing...a brown and pink paisley print shirt, jeans and flip flops.

I am hoping...for rain. It's been really dry out. Too dry.

I am noticing...my plants drooping from the dryness in the air. I have to be careful about watering, though. We're under restrictions again because we haven't gotten any rain.

I am currently...getting ready for spring cleaning. Actually I already got started cleaning out drawers. I can't help it; the weather drives my need for neatness ;-)

I am reading...just finished According to Promise and loved it. Still can't find Crazy Love :(.

I am pondering these words..."Like a compass, the Bible always points you in the right direction."

From the learning rooms...FCAT exams are coming up. The teachers get stressed about them, which makes the kids stressed as well. At home, E is memorizing the 10 Commandments. He's doing pretty good too.

Around the house...yeah, painting. And yard work.

One of my favorite things...hearing my son sing "How He Loves Us" in the back seat of the car :)

A few plans for the rest of the week...my daughter is due home on Thursday for spring break. Can't wait!

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

1 comment:

Mrs. O said...

Hmmm, that daughter of yours seems to have an awful lot of "breaks". :)

You made fun of all our snow but because of it, we won't have water restrictions this summer. HaHa