Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, March 29, 2011...

Outside my window...the ground is still soggy from yesterday's rain. The sun is trying to peek out from behind the clouds, but the clouds are supposed to win and we should be getting some more much needed rain this afternoon.

I am thinking...about my hubby in Central Florida getting soaked in the rain yesterday. I hope he doesn't get sick.

I am thankful...for my son who turned 24 on Sunday. It seems just yesterday I was carrying him in my arms, watching him learn to crawl and walk and talk. He's all grown up now, and I'm so thankful to call him not just my son but also my friend.

I am going...to clean the master bathroom today among other things.

I am wearing...two tank tops, one white and one black, a grey skirt and white flip-flops.

From the learning rooms...FCAT exams start April 11. Two days of math testing, two days of reading and two days of science. Praying my son does well in all of them.

From the kitchen...since J isn't here and R has both school and work today, I'll be making tuna sandwiches for me and leftovers for E.

I am creating...a garage sale pile. There's stuff on the dining room table and some in the garage.

I am reading...Craving God by Lisa Terkeurst, Fools Rush In (though I might skip it; I'm not getting into it), and of course my Bible.

On my mind...patience, and how God is using Bank of America to teach it to me. More on that at another time.

I am pondering these words..."No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar." - Honest Abe Lincoln.

Around the house...I got so much done yesterday I couldn't believe it! I still have plenty to do but I'm so thankful I was able to be productive.

One of my favorite things...a clean and organized house.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Awana tomorrow night, then nothing else.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

1 comment:

dtbrents said...

I enjoyed your daybook. I haven't done one in a while. I'm having eye problems. I really like the new look of your blog. It's beautiful. Have a great week. Doylene