Friday, April 1, 2011

Five Question Friday

It's April Fool's Day! Today is really Atheist's Day, as the Bible tells us, "The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.” (Psalm 14:1) Have you been fooled yet? I'm still in the clear, though the day is young.

Okay, here are my 5 questions for this week. Maybe you'll learn something new about me. Maybe not. It's still fun.

1. Have you ever had surgery? Yes, 3 times. And each time resulted in a precious baby. Too bad not all surgeries come with a gift.

2. Ever ride in an ambulance? Yes, when my oldest son was 2 1/2 years old and had to be rushed to the hospital with a severe asthma attack. I took him to his pediatrician and she had us go in the ambulance. As director of pediatrics in the hospital, she called ahead and told them it was a "life threatening situation." That was extremely scary. It didn't help that I was 7 months pregnant with my daughter either. If I never have to ride in an ambulance again I will be very thankful.

3. How are you in a medical emergency? Panicked? Calm? I tend to be calm until the emergency is over, then I go to pieces.

4. Do you have a garden? Flowers or veggies? I try to have a flower garden in spring and summer, but South Florida gets so hot and humid that spending time in the garden isn't quite so pleasant. But I do try.

5. When did you move out of your parents house? At the age of 22.

Now it's your turn. Visit Mama M at My Little Life and let's get to know each other a little better.

2 comments:

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

I can't imagine riding in an ambulance with a child. My 2 month old has a cold right now, and I am dreading it getting any worse... not sure where this weekend is going to take us. I love your blog design and am following you. I wish I had thought to put that bible verse in today's post (need to get better about that).
~ Kimberlee at The Spunky Diva 

Amanda said...

Thanks for stoppping by my blog and welcoming me! It's nice to meet you :)