Saturday, April 9, 2011

Five Question Friday

My poor neglected blog! I haven't posted for a couple of days because I've been busy with other things. Important things. Life-changing things. I'll post about that in the days to come. Right now I'll try and get caught up with some Five Question Friday.

1. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?

I would think of others before thinking of myself EVERY TIME, not just sometimes.


2. Write about a time when you got lost.

I remember getting "lost" when I was a little girl, about 3 or 4 years old. It's burned into my memory. My mom would get so angry because we'd go shopping and I'd wander off, which in NYC meant outdoors since there were no indoor malls, so she decided to teach me a lesson. The minute I started wandering she hid. She could see me, but I couldn't find her. I was terrified. It didn't take a long time before I started crying for my mommy, and she came out. Trust me, she didn't have to teach me that lesson again!


3. Camping or 5 star hotel?

Hotel. I'm an indoor girl.


4. Have you donated blood?

No. I have low iron blood and have to watch my diet and take vitamins or I quickly become anemic. Giving someone my blood would be bad for both parties involved.


5. Do you have a budget or do you 'fly by' most months?

I'm a strict budget keeper. Though I don't work outside the home now, I studied bookkeeping and must, for my own peace of mind, have everything spelled out carefully. I keep a spreadsheet with multiple pages. One page has our budget with necessary adjustments (increase in prices, like gas for instance), and pages with month-by-month spenditures to keep us accountable. I believe my husband is comforted by the fact that I do this. We wouldn't be able to do half the things we do if I didn't monitor our spending.


Now it's your turn. I know it's Saturday, but the questions are good all week ;-). Visit Mama M at My Little Life and answer your own questions. Then have a blessed weekend.

No comments: