Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Friend Makin' Monday

I'm doing pretty good catching up on my Monday posts, aren't I? I know, I know. But I couldn't pass this one up. It's about grocery shopping, one of my favorite pasttimes!

1. Do you make a list when you go grocery shopping? Do you stick to it?
I definitely shop with a list, or else I'll forget half the stuff I need. There are items I don't write down that I'll pick up because they're staples in my house (yogurt covered raisins, for instance). And if there's a good sale I might stock up. Otherwise, I stick to the list.

2. Do you buy more groceries when you're hungry?
Yes, which is why I try my best to go shopping right after lunch. My tummy is full, and walking around the store is good exercise.

3. Coupons. Use 'em?
I'm starting to again, but only on things that are on my list. I stopped using them for a time, a) because I started using more store brands, and b) because I used it as an excuse to buy things I didn't need. "It's okay, I've got a coupon!" No more of that. If it's not something I typically buy, I'm not clipping.

4. Have you ever complained to the manager of your grocery store?
I've tried to complain at Wal-mart, but alas, the manager is NEVER there when a customer is looking for one, especially if it's to complain. How convenient.

5. Do you like to buy groceries at huge chain stores like Wal-Mart and Target? Or do you shop exclusively at food stores?
Both. Wait, no. I shop at Wal-Mart but do not LIKE to. I go there to purchase items that aren't on sale at my local Winn-Dixie. I used to do all my shopping at Wal-Mart (the whole one-stop shopping thing appealed to me) but they began cutting alot of the brands I like. Plus, Winn-Dixie started having really good sales with prices lower than Wal-Mart, and it's closer to my house so I save on gas too. Target is good but the really nice Super Target is farther from me, and again, gas prices are too ridiculous to be going out that far for groceries.

6. How much time do you spend reading labels in the grocery store?
I only read labels on stuff I've never bought before, which is rare.

7. Do you push your own grocery cart to the car and return it?
Yes! Nothing annoys me like people leaving their carts in the middle of the parking lot. These are the same people who will later complain because their car got dinged. Put the shopping carts back and avoid that for everyone!

8. What is the one food item you always buy at the grocery store that you must have in the kitchen?
Well, there's those yogurt covered raisins I love so much :). I eat them everyday. Sooo good!

9. Do you enjoy grocery shopping?
For the most part, yes. So long as I go when the store isn't crowded. I hate going grocery shopping on the weekends. It's like I can't breathe with all that foot traffic. I go early in the mornings or right after lunch on a weekday, and it is quite pleasant.

10. How often do you shop for groceries?
Once a week, for the week. I buy bulk items once a month, meats every other week, and replenishment items on Fridays.

Now it's your turn! Visit Kenz at All The Weigh with your grocery trends!

No comments: