Friday, April 22, 2011

Five Question Friday

It's not just any Friday - today is Good Friday. Good for us. Good because Jesus chose to give His perfect life for my sinful one. What a wonderful gift! Thank You Lord for taking my place, I know I don't deserve it!

So, in keeping somewhat with the topic, here are my five answers to five questions:

1. What is your favorite Easter tradition?
We go to church early in the morning and celebrate the resurrection of Christ. And usually my youngest son will get a DVD. Last year it was Meet the Robinsons (I think). This year it's Mega-Mind (don't tell him!). We'll watch that after church.

2. Are you a "shower" or a "long, hot bath" kind of person?
Shower. I don't like sitting in standing water. I get the impression I'm swimming in my own body sweat and dirt. Yuck.

3. Can you parallel park and if so when is the last time you did it?
LOL!! I parallel parked when I took my driver's exam, and that's pretty much it. I've not seen many places in Florida where it's necessary to parallel park. In the 25 years I've been driving, I can probably count on one hand all the times I've had to parallel park, and that's just fine with me.

4. What is your favorite Easter candy?
Anything containing chocolate and nothing with marshmallows. Need I be more specific?

5. Easter: do you go all out with the Easter Bunny or focus on the religious part of the holiday?
I'm not fond of the word Easter. I like to call it Resurrection Sunday. There is no Easter bunny that visits our house. My children would get baskets from family members when they were little, but they knew who'd bought them. I know many people, Christians included, who like the bunny and egg aspect of the day, but I refuse to belittle the most important day in history by taking the focus off of Jesus. Now, I need to work on Santa...

Hey, head on over to Mama M's at My Little Life for your own Friday Five, and have a blessed weekend. He Is Risen!!

No comments: