Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, April 27, 2011...

Outside my window...there are blue skies and warm breezes. And when I say warm I mean HOT! It's gonna be a really hot summer if this is the spring preview.

I am thinking...of all the changes going on, and the planning that it takes to execute everything efficiently.

I am thankful for...a forgiving God. He knows my short-comings and loves me anyway.

I am going...to Awana tonight.

I am wearing...a light blue top, blue skirt, and white flip-flops.

I am hoping...we get some rain soon, to help cool us off.

I am praying for...the folks in Arkansas and the neighboring states experiencing all the storms and deadly tornadoes. Praying specifically for friends of mine in the area and for all the folks in general.

I am noticing...how different my floors look after they've been polished. It's like they're brand new.

From the learning rooms...FCAT's are done, praise the Lord! E got a C in science which had him pretty upset, but the rest of his grades are A's and B's. We're thankful he tries his best.

From the kitchen...tilapia today. Isn't it funny how the simplest meals are the most enjoyed?

I am reading...still on John, and Crazy Love. That book is full of conviction for me. I find it hard to read because I realize my faults, but also thankful that it points me closer to God. I finished She Walks in Beauty and absolutely loved it! It's a period piece, set in the gilded age, 1890's. If you like historically accurate reading, this is a great book to read.

On my mind...budgets!

Around the house...I got 5 loads of laundry done yesterday (after I was able to pick up laundry detergent). Today was filled with much activity.

One of my favorite things...good news, especially when it's unexpected!

A few plans for the rest of the week...E is going out with Daddy tomorrow; it's Take Your Child to Work day. Friday is his awards ceremony. It's also a visit from my daughter for the weekend which we're looking forward to! I haven't seen her in over a month, and I'm missing her dreadfully.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I can't wait for 'flipflop weather'! Spring is still a bit iffy here.