Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, May 24, 2011...

Outside my window...it's another bright and sunny South Florida morning. There's no humidity out there; I know because my hair isn't curling up. There's a breeze right now, but I suspect it'll get really hot as the day goes on.

I am thinking...about Molly, and some issues she's still having. When we took her to the vet we found out she'd recently had puppies - she still had milk. The milk has dried up but she has some occasional bleeding which the antibiotics should have taken care of. The meds will be done by Saturday; if the bleeding hasn't completely stopped we'll have to take her in again.

I am thankful for...God's word, and how it identifies false prophets. I pray those who are being misled by Harold Camping will look at Scripture for true answers.

I am going...to do some vacuuming again, then some outdoor cleaning.

I am wearing...an olive green shirt I got at Wal-mart for $5 (on sale), cream/olive/brown skirt (geometric design), and brown flip-flops.

I am praying...for all the people that have been hit by tornadoes in the last month.

I am currently...enjoying the peace and quiet in my home. The boys are in school, hubby's at work, daughter's still in bed, and Molly is outside. It's just the hum of the fridge and me.

From the learning rooms...school will be ending in about 2 1/2 weeks. Still working on Number The Stars. Really interesting story.

From the kitchen...fried chicken. I was going to make chicken and stuffing in the crock pot, but then I realized I forgot to buy cream of chicken soup. Oops.

I am reading...Psalms. I read chapter 7 today. King David was so open with the Lord in his songs and prayers.

On my mind...my hubby's health. He's had a pain in his side for some time now. I don't think it's a pulled muscle, though it may be and he just keeps aggravating it.

Around the house...I have to vacuum everyday now, thanks to Molly. I can build a new dog with all the hair I pick up :P

One of my favorite things...a good hair day.

A few plans for the rest of the week...tomorrow is the last day of Awana, and awards will be given out. It has been such a blessing serving with this group of leaders, and I'll miss them on Wednesday nights. The kids are wonderful too. I love them so much!

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. Have a blessed week.

1 comment:

Monica said...

I worry so much about people who like to bundle "All those Christians" in one box. I do not want to be associated with this false prophet and it bothers me A LOT that he is leading Christ's sheep astray!
I know what you mean about the pet hair. We have an indoor doggy too!
Love to find a Wal-Mart bargain!
So much destruction from the storms and families who are without. We will continue to pray the Lord will provide!
You are lucky to have a church with Awanas! We don't have enough workers in our small congregation! Great program!
I do a weekly post on The Book of Psalm. Last Sunday was chapter 7 I post the chapter, some of my thoughts and some notes from studies I have found. They are very comforting words!
We will pray that your husbands pain goes away. But do not ignore it. The Lord may be prompting him to even go for a check up. If he is like my husband, he only goes when there is so much pain he can't stand it anymore.
Loved my visit at your place! Have a blessed week!