Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, June 14, 2011...

Outside my window...it's so hot and steamy! There's no breeze to speak of, and the sun is blaring down.

I am thinking...of my children. I love them so much!

I am thankful...my cousin's little baby boy is doing so well. He was born 2 months premature and is in the NICU but getting stronger each day.

I am going...to go see the little tyke tomorrow.

I am wearing...a black top, black and white skirt and no shoes.

I am praying...for my dear friend's brother who had an accident and is in the hospital with a fractured skull. Praise the Lord, he is out of the ICU and didn't need any surgery! Praying for him and his family.

I am currently...trying to figure out how to get 25 hours worth of stuff into a 24 hour day.

From the learning rooms...it's summer vacation, and we've done nothing so far. Hopefully we can go to the library tomorrow and get some books.

From the kitchen...mexican style chicken and vegetable soup. A family favorite.

I am reading...another free Nook book, Making Waves. It's set in the 1800's. I love historical novels, and especially Christian ones with beautiful life lessons. This one's been interesting so far!

On my mind...the new Duggar episode tonight. From the previews, it looks like little Josie got really sick. Yikes! Can't miss this episode!

Around the house...didn't do much today, other than vacuum. I had to take my daughter to the dermatologist. As suspected, she has rosacea. Hoping the treatments work.

One of my favorite things...getting my chores done early.

A few plans for the rest of the week...free movies at our local theaters start this week. They'll be showing Shrek Forever After and Ramona and Beezus. I really want to see the second one; I remember reading those books when I was little. A library run, a visit to see our new preemie cousin, and we'll see what else we can get done!

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

No comments: