Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, June 21, 2011...

Outside my window...it looks like summer, but feels like a sauna! It's gonna be another scorcher in Florida.

I am thinking...of all the things we'd like to get done while we're in Central Florida.

I am thankful...for technology, and how we can be over 200 miles from home but still keep in touch with family and friends all over.

I am going...to see some apartments for rent with my daughter.

I am wearing...a teal sleeveless top, brown/teal/white skirt, and white flip-flops. I was wearing brown flip-flops, but they got dirty walking Molly in the back yard.

I am praying...for my cousin's baby who is still in the NICU. He's growing stronger each day, but he'll have to stay in the hospital another 3-4 weeks.

I am currently...sitting in the dining area of my daughter's apartment.

From the learning rooms...E and I are reading A Dog Named Grk, about an English boy who wants to return a lost dog to it's owner in Stanislavia. A fun mystery-type book.

From the kitchen...my daughter promised to make chicken quesadillas today. I don't mind being fed!

I am reading...still working on Making Waves. We've been so busy with packing and traveling I haven't had time to read. I'm still reading through the Psalms every morning, too.

On my mind...my children. I don't care how old they are, we never stop thinking of our children.

Around the house...I've got nothing, because I'm not at home! I left everything cleaned up, and most of the laundry done before we left.

One of my favorite things...my precious children. God generously gave me some really great kids. I can't thank Him enough!

A few plans for the rest of the week...see more apartments, meet a friend for frozen yogurt, go to the pool, get my haircut on Thursday (my ends are fried! I haven't had a haircut since December!), and head back home on Friday or Saturday. Busy busy busy!!!

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

No comments: