Saturday, August 27, 2011

Observing My Senses

For Today, August 27, 2011...

I am seeing...blue skies and sunshine, thanks to Hurricane Irene finally leaving our waters. We only got the outer bands, but it kept us in rain, wind and dark skies for all of Wednesday night through Thursday.

I am feeling...sad for all those in the path of hurricane Irene, though also thankful that it's been downgraded to a category 1. Not that it isn't still dangerous, but it's less dangerous than a category 2 or 3 which is what was originally expected.

I am hearing...Sirius XM radio. We get it through our satellite provider. I listen to The Message, which is contemporary Christian music 24 hours a day. I especially like having Sirius XM during the holidays. One of the stations plays Christmas songs all day long for an entire month.

I am tasting...the banana I had for breakfast.

I am smelling...a clean kitchen. Just spent an hour cleaning and reorganizing the pantry, something my daughter usually does for me but she's back at school now so I have to do it. I really miss her :(.

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings. Won't you join me?

No comments: