Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, August 9, 2011...

Outside my window...the skies are grey and the ground is wet. Rainy season has started late this year, but it's consistent. We're getting rain pretty much every afternoon.

I am thinking...about middle school orientation tomorrow.

I am thankful for...my friends, who love and encourage me.

I am going...to have a busy week.

I am wearing...a yellow top, blue skirt, and white flip-flops.

I am praying...for the families of the Navy Seals who died last week. I can't imagine the pain they must be feeling.

I am currently...cleaning up after Molly multiple times a day. She's going through her bi-yearly cycle. She's being well behaved for the most part, and of course she can't help being messy. She's such a good dog, we can't get mad at her.

From the learning rooms...we have orientation tomorrow to learn more about E's "new" school. It's not entirely new; he attends a K-8 school that houses middle schoolers in a building next to the elementary school. The two schools have the same principal, and both are A+ schools. They are separate but together, if that makes sense.

From the kitchen...my daughter A cooked today. She made a three cheese risotto and fried chicken. She'd never made risotto before. She was very critical of it, but it was pretty good. She needs to tweek the cooking time a bit, but otherwise it was quite tasty.

I am reading...The Affectionate Adversary. It's a story set in the 1800's, very much in the style of Jane Austen. I'm enjoying it. I'm also still reading through the Psalms.

On my mind...a new school year, and my two oldest children gone from the nest.

Around the house...I still haven't cleaned the bathrooms. I got tons of stuff done yesterday but couldn't get everything on my list. Today was my daughter's dermatologist appointment which took waaaay too long. I'll try to get it done tomorrow.

One of my favorite things...having someone else cook for me!

A few plans for the rest of the week...orientation for middle school and an Awana leaders meeting tomorrow,. E's friend is coming over on Thursday to have some play time. Church on Sunday.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

No comments: