Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, August 23, 2011...

Outside my window...the sun is out again, though everything is wet from our daily thunderstorm just an hour ago. At least it's not a hurricane...

I am thinking...9 years ago this week Hurricane Andrew struck South Florida as a category 5 hurricane and destroyed the city of Homestead and parts of Miami. It was devastating.

I am thankful...hurricane Irene didn't do much damage in Puerto Rico.

I am going...to pick up my son E from school, then off to Walmart to buy more school supplies.

I am wearing...a blue top, blue prairie style skirt, and white flip-flops.

I am praying...for the Bahamas and the Carolinas. It looks like hurricane Irene is headed their way.

I am currently...finishing up this post so I can get going.

I am noticing...a few extra pounds that shouldn't be on my body. I weighed myself this morning and found I'm less than a pound away from 140. That should not be! I'm back on MyFitnessPal.

From the learning rooms...E started school again yesterday. He was very happy with his teachers and his classes. Yesterday was science, language arts, and beginning computers. Can't wait to hear how his day went today with math, intensive reading and social studies.

From the kitchen...fried chicken tenders, mashed potatoes, salad, and Pillsbury Crescent rolls.

I am reading...a verse from Proverbs each day with E, and a Psalm a day. I started The Swan House but I haven't had time to read this week. Which is a shame, since the book is really interesting.

On my mind...hurricane season. Irene in particular.

Around the house...I got a lot done yesterday, but I still have bathrooms to clean.

One of my favorite things...a foot massage.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

No comments: