Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, August 31, 2011...

Outside my window...it's getting ready to rain. Again. I think we've had 2 days total without rain this month. I sure hope we don't get any hurricanes. With the ground this saturated, we'd flood in no time.

I am thinking...about the people up north who are trying to clean up after Irene. Just goes to show, there's no such thing as a minor hurricane.

I am thankful...we got home before it started raining again, though we have to go out this evening for open house at E's school. Hopefully the rain will have subsided by then.

I am going...yeah, I just mentioned it. Open house at school.

I am wearing...a black top, black and white skirt, and white flip-flops.

I am praying...for moms like me whose children are leaving the nest. It's a traumatic experience, even though we're fully aware it has to happen. It's hard letting those baby chicks go.

I am currently...in the process of decorating for the fall. It's my very favorite season! Well, except for Christmas season of course ;). I've got plenty of stuff going up around the house. Maybe it'll make the weather get cooler too? I doubt it.

I am noticing...the headache I had this morning is coming back. It's a sinus headache, I'm sure.

From the learning rooms...E is getting the hang of middle school. He's got geography for social studies. The teachers also have him on a couple of online study guides to help him with reading and math.

From the kitchen...tacos.

I am reading...Psalms and Proverbs. I haven't picked up a book all week, other than finishing up Crazy Love (finally!). That book is amazing. I may read it several more times.

On my mind...a dentist appointment for E tomorrow. He needs a cleaning, and a baby molar removed. It's been there for a while and he refuses to have anyone touch it, though half of it is already off the gum. Okay, if that's the way he wants it, the dentist will take care of it.

Around the house...there are pumpkins galore! Lots of orange candles too. I love how it looks!

One of my favorite things...autumn!

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless.

No comments: