Friday, September 2, 2011

Five Question Friday


It's another Friday, but this one is right before a 3 day weekend!  Labor Day weekend marks the end of summertime activities in most of the US, but here in South Florida it's not going to get much cooler till probably October.  Which is a bummer, because we've had such heat and humidity, and we need a break!  The rest of the country has had it pretty bad too.  Record breaking heat all around, especially in the Midwest.  Of course, the rest of the country will start to feel relief much sooner than we will.


On to my Five Questions for this first Friday in September.


1. Shoes in the house - yay or nay?
I always wear sandals or something on my feet while I'm in the house.  I can't stand to feel anything sticking to my feet, including dust :P.  My son and daughter wear socks around the house because they don't like wearing shoes indoors.  Guess that makes us different.

2. What do you call them- flip flops, slippers, thongs, etc?
Here in South Florida we call them flip-flops.  Slippers are the fluffy things worn only around the house; flip-flops are worn everywhere by everyone here.  As for thongs, that sounds like that underwear that's similar to dental floss, and all I can say is, Eww.

3. What song are you almost embarrassed to admit you know all the lyrics to?
The theme song to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  My son watched that cartoon so many times I could sing it in my sleep.  At age 24 it's still one of his favorite cartoons.

4. What is the best quality to have in a friend?
Integrity.  I want to be able to tell a friend something and know it won't be a topic of conversation with anyone else.

5. Do you know what you want for Christmas?
To be with my children.  I don't care much about what's under the tree.  It's the people around the tree that matter most to me.

Have a blessed weekend everyone!

No comments: