Saturday, September 17, 2011

Five Question Friday

Welcome!  It's actually Saturday, but that's no surprise.  Fridays can be hectic around here.  But I say, better late than never!  Here are my Friday Five questions and answers for this week.


1. If you had a weekly newspaper column, what would you name it?
I guess I'd name it the same as my blog, Accepting Change.  It's what I identify with most.

 2. Who is your mentor/inspiration?
From the book of Ruth, her mother-in-law, Naomi.  The Bible tells us in chapter one, that when Naomi decided to go back home to Judah after her husband and sons had died, her daughters-in-law cried and begged to go back with her.  She must have been such an incredibly loving mother-in-law for these young women to want to stay with her.  Ruth even told her the only thing that would separate them would be death.  That's the kind of mother-in-law I hope to be one day.

 3. What is your wake up beverage of choice?
Coffee, with non-dairy creamer and sugar.  Nothing else does the trick.

4. Would you wear your mom's clothes?
No.  My mom has always been bigger than me, so her clothes never fit.  Her style has always been age appropriate too, which is fine for her but since she's 26 years older than me, what works for her won't work for me.

 5. When you were a kid, did you put posters on your wall? If so, what were they of?
Most definitely.  My favorite poster was of two horses in a wide open field.  Growing up in a high-rise in NYC, it wasn't something I was gonna see looking out of my window, but it was certainly something I dreamed of seeing one day.  I've come close:  behind our community is a dairy farm, and we drive by and see the cows.  Sadly, they're planning on opening a road there and building a strip mall and a couple of community centers.  I'm gonna miss the cows.

Now it's your turn.  Take a stroll over to Mama M's at My Little Life and post your Five Questions too.  Then have yourself a blessed weekend.

No comments: