Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, September 8, 2011...

Outside my window...is the first sunny afternoon in weeks!  My word, it has rained every afternoon since the first day of August.  Today the sky is sunny and the humidity is high.  Everyone else is talking about cooler weather, but we won't see that in South Florida for a while.

I am thinking...of my son's dental appointment today.

I am thankful...our dog Molly is doing so much better.  She had the runs and even threw up once, but now it looks like she's back to her old self.  Praise the Lord for that!

I am going...to pick up E from school, then take him to the dentist.

I am wearing...a white top with a black and tan paisley design, black capris and gold toned sandals.

I am praying...for a dear friend whose son just left for the military.  Why didn't anyone ever tell us how hard it would be to say goodbye to our children?  It would hurt less if you ripped my kidneys out.

I am noticing...how dark it is in the mornings now.  I guess fall really is approaching, though you wouldn't know it by our temps.  It's in the 90's here everyday.

I am currently...working on my son's elementary school scrapbook.  I'm having trouble finding all the school pictures, though.  To top it off, I ran out of double sided tape.  Just when I was getting my creative juices flowing, too.

From the learning rooms...E is back at school today.  I had to pick him up early yesterday thanks to a virus.  Seems everyone in school is catching it.  Thankfully it didn't last very long.  After a long rest he was feeling much better.

From the kitchen...kielbasa with onions, yellow rice with veggies, plantains and salad.

I am reading...Psalms and Proverbs.

On my mind...the 9/11 celebration coming up this Sunday.  My daughter is coming down, she'll be performing at our sister church.  What a great honor.

Around the house...I got plenty done today.  Laundry still to be finished, though.

One of my favorite things...a happy dog.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

2 comments:

Lora Lee said...

I enjoyed reading your day book. But I really wanted to make sure I told you that I just LOVED the background/template you are using ! I want to go check out the fall type ones available ! I think I still have valentines , but since I decorate with "LOVE" decor all the time that's ok . But Fall is my fav. season ...so def. time for a change ! Thanks for the inspiration! Blessings ! Lora

Kristin said...

I knew I saw a familiar name on the Daybook site! :) How are you?
I'm back blogging again, come on over and say hello!
Good to 'see you'. Have a wonderful day!
Blessings,
Kristin