Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, September 20, 2011...

Outside my window...it's a pretty clear day, the sky is blue and all the clouds are puffy white ones.  We're not supposed to get any rain today.  We weren't supposed to get any yesterday but we did get a quick shower in the afternoon.  Florida weather is unpredictable.

I am thinking...of different ways to prepare chicken.  I like trying new things.

I am thankful...for my youngest son who got baptized this Sunday.  He told me he wanted to get baptized and talked to the pastor himself.  What a joy to see my son follow Jesus in believers baptism!

I am going...to wash my hair today.  It gets icky because it's so hot outside.  I wash it one day and it already feels sweaty the next.  I'm looking forward to less hot and humid days.

I am wearing...a teal top, brown and teal skirt and white flip flops.

I am noticing...lots of butterflies!  It must be butterfly season.  Lots of monarch butterflies in our neighborhood, and some pretty yellow ones that I have no idea what they're called but I love seeing them.

I am pondering these words..."Circumstances may appear to wreck our lives and God's plans, but God is not helpless among the ruins." - Olympic runner Eric Liddell.

I am praying...for clarity.  I want to see God's will for my life clearly.

From the learning rooms...E has lots more homework in the sixth grade than he's ever gotten.  About half of it is on the internet.  His science teacher mentioned that more and more of their work would be online in the next few years.  I guess a home computer won't be a luxury anymore.

From the kitchen...fish tacos today.  Boy, were they yummy!

I am reading...a great book my sister sent me, Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On by Stormie O'Martian. I'm doing a chapter a day and getting a lot out of it.  I started reading The Swan House again, since I'd started it then put it aside.  I got busy with school starting and all, but now I'm enjoying it more.  It's set in the 1960's in Atlanta Georgia.  Talks about segregation and the fight for civil rights for blacks.  A really good read so far.  I'm also reading a chapter of Psalms a day, and a verse from Proverbs with E.

On my mind...reducing recipes.  I've been used to cooking for 4 or 5, but now that my oldest kids are away it's just 3 of us to cook for.  Great for the budget, but I have to find ways to cook the stuff we like in smaller quantities.  Not always as easy at it sounds, especially since I love cooking in my big crockpot so much.

Around the house...I got 5 loads of laundry almost completed, and I scrubbed one bathroom today.  I buy a special cleaner from Lowe's for the travertine tiles, and it takes me a good part of the morning getting a bathroom clean, but it's worth it.  This product cleans and seals so the tiles look much nicer.

One of my favorite things...WOW cd's.  The newest one comes out next week, and it's got lots of great music.  I'm definitely getting it!

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

No comments: