Friday, October 28, 2011

Five Question Friday



Happy Friday!  I'm thankful it's Friday, thankful I'm feeling a tad better today than I did yesterday (my sore throat is gone, but my nose is still suffering.  At least one symptom is gone), and especially thankful that my youngest son E is home taking care of me today because it's a teacher's planning day.  We walked Molly this morning, and it was pretty humid out.  It looks like it might rain, but we haven't gotten anything yet.  We also enjoyed a game of Electronic Monopoly.  Now, it's time for my Friday questions, courtesy of Mama M at My Little Life.  Enjoy, and have a great weekend!

1. Do you prefer cotton, silk, or flannel sheets?
I like cotton.  It's nice and cool, which is necessary here in South Florida.  I'd be sweatin' up a storm in flannel sheets, and silk is too fancy.  I'd be afraid of getting them wrinkled.

2. What time zone are you in?
I live in Florida, so I'm in the Eastern Standard time zone.  Have been all my life.

3. What is your favorite part of the holiday season?
The decorations.  I love pulling out all my holiday decor and transforming my house into a warm, cozy autumn retreat, or a wintry wonderland (as much as is possible in sunny South Florida!).

4. What is your favorite "wintry" drink? (It doesn't have to be an "alcoholic" drink!)
I love me a big mug of hot chocolate, except I'm lactose intolerant, and let's be honest, it doesn't taste the same with soy or nut milk.  So I'll stick with my all season favorite, coffee.  With sugar and non-dairy creamer.

5. In your opinion, what is the worst job in the world?
That would have to be anything dealing with poop.  Whether it's cleaning septic tanks, unclogging toilets, or sweeping a barn, if there's poop in it, it's disgusting.

Now go on and give it a try.  It's fun!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Your Five Question Friday is fun!! Glad you are feeling better! I love cotton sheet too - winter or summer! I would say that a hot cup of herbal tea with honey is my favorite winter drink, but I do love hot chocolate! I agree, anything with poop is disgusting!

Tanya said...

I LOVE Holiday decorations too. My house always looks so bare and plain after the Holidays are over.