Monday, October 17, 2011

Move It Mondays

Remember that song by the Carpenters, "Rainy days and Mondays always get me down,"?  Well, rainy Mondays are killers!  The rain started shortly after we got home from church yesterday and it hasn't let up much since then.  We got to play Parcheesi and The Game of Life Spongebob edition, something we enjoyed very much.  Right now it's drizzling, which doesn't seem like much except that we've gotten so much rain the past week or so we've developed new lakes in our area.  Thankfully our backyard hasn't flooded (yet).

So, what's the perfect thing for rainy Mondays?  Soup!  I'll be making my Mexican-style chicken and vegetable soup for lunch.  Before that, I have about 4 loads of laundry to do, and the floors need cleaning.  Molly comes in and out and tracks dirt, so I've got some major cleaning to do.  The good thing is, she doesn't like going out when it's raining so basically she goes when she needs to, about twice a day.  Less clean up afterwards.  I may move some furniture too.  I'd switched the living room and family room furniture, but I think I'll put everything back the way it was.  We like our recliners in the family room so we can...recline!  It means I have a busy morning ahead of me.  And that's just fine.

Have a blessed Monday everyone!

No comments: