Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Food ABC's

I found this on my sister's blog, which she got from here.  I figured it was worth a try.

A is for Apple. What is your favorite variety? 
 I love so many different types, but right now my favorites are gala apples. Tender and yummy!

 B is for Bread, regardless of nutrition, calories, or whole grains, what is your favorite type to have a nice big piece of?
I love multi-grain bread and French bread from Publix. Their bakery makes it so delicious, and in the mornings when it’s fresh out of the oven…mmmm. 

C is for Cereal, what is your favorite kind currently?
 Kelloggs Smart Start. It has 100% of the daily recommended iron, which I need because of my anemia, and it tastes really good with vanilla almond milk.

 D is for Doughnuts, you might not currently be eating them but what kind do you fancy?
 I’m happy with a plain cake donut, but right now Dunkin’ Donuts has pumpkin glazed cake donuts which are perfect for the season.

 E is for Eggs, how would you like yours prepared?
 Over-easy or scrambled. Or in an omelet, with lots of veggies and cheese.

 F is for Fat Free, what is your favorite fat free product?
 I’m not a fan of any fat-free foods. In my opinion, they’re not only fat-free, they’re flavor-free as well. I prefer to eat less of the real stuff than eat more of the tasteless variety.

 G is for Groceries, where do you purchase yours?
 I shop at our local Winn-Dixie for produce and meats because they have the freshest product at the most reasonable price. I shop for bulk items at Costco whenever possible, but with only 3 of us in the house now it’s not always the best choice. For the rest I shop at Walmart because it’s cheap. I like Publix because of the selections and the cleanliness of their stores, but their prices tend to be on the high end.

 H is for Hot Beverages, what is your favorite hot drink?
 I have to have my morning coffee everyday to avoid a caffeine headache. For the holidays there are some really nice herbal teas available; I got some gingerbread spice that is exceptional.

 I is for Ice Cream, pick a favorite flavor and add a fun topping.
 I love Haagen Daz vanilla swiss almond, and Blue Bell’s Homemade Vanilla. I don’t do toppings, though if I had to pick it would be sweetened condensed milk. Of course the calories would go through the roof which is why I avoid it.

 J is for Jams and Jellies, do you eat them, and if so what kind and flavor?
 I don’t eat jellies because most of them are made from berries which I’m allergic to, and the others are just too sweet. Grape is okay I guess. 

K is for Kashi, name your favorite Kashi product?
 I’ve never tried any of their products. They’re a bit too pricey for my taste.

L is for Lunch, what was yours today?
 Fried chicken tenders seasoned with Kirkland Organic No-Salt seasoning (which is amazing, by the way), Stove Top stuffing, corn and a salad. And a Butterfinger mini for dessert.

 M is for microwave, what is your favorite microwave meal/snack?
 Hot Pockets. The pepperoni pizza one. I don’t care for it, but my kids love them.

 N is for nutrients, do you like carbs, fats, or proteins best?
 I like my carbs. It’s true. Pasta, rice, breads, cereals, I love them. I’ve had to learn to eat them in moderation, of course, but that doesn’t change the reality of it. They are my comfort foods.

 O is for oil, what kind do you use?
 Olive oil, unless I’m baking, in which case I use corn oil.

 P is for protein, how do you get yours?
 Usually from red meat or fish. I have to have these because of my anemia, to boost my iron intake.

 Q is for Quaker, how do you like your oats?
 Sprinkled with cinnamon on top. I like plain oats myself. I’m not big on all the flavored stuff.

 R is for Roasting, what is your favorite thing to roast?
 Anything. Pork, ham, chicken, turkey, pot roast, veggies…I don’t think anything brings out the flavor of food more than roasting it.

 S is for Sandwich, what is your favorite kind?
 Turkey and swiss, with lots of lettuce, tomato, red onion, black olives, pickles, and Italian dressing.

T is for Travel, how do you handle eating while traveling?
 I usually eat light when we travel. I find if I’m running around doing stuff and I eat a heavy meal it drags me down. I prefer to eat a salad or a sandwich as opposed to a big meal.

 U is for Unique, what is one of your weirdest food combos?
 My oldest son and I like beef stew with a side of ranch dressing.

 V is for Vitamins, what kind do you take?
 One-A-Day Women’s vitamins and an Omega-3 supplement to help with my eyes which tend to be dry.

 W is for Wasabi, yay or nay?
 Yay, but not too heavy. I like spicy, not 5 alarm fire.

 X is for X-ray, what would we see in your stomach right now?
 My lunch (see l is for lunch above)

 Y is for Youth, what food reminds you of your childhood?
 Yellow rice with corn or Vienna sausages mixed in.

 Z is for Zucchini, how do you prepare it?
 In my Mexican style chicken and vegetable soup.

No comments: