Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Obedience Vs. Willfulness

My son E and I have started doing a character study every 2 weeks to help us develop godly characters.  As his mom it's my responsibility to teach him; as a child of God it's my responsibility to make sure I'm doing the things I teach.  This first half of the month we are studying obedience, defined as, "Quickly and cheerfully carrying out the wise direction of those who are responsible for me."  In my son's case, it means obeying his parents.  In my case, it means obeying the Lord.

To help incorporate this character trait in my own life, I found these 5 principles to put in practice.

1 - I will obey my authorities immediately.
2 - I will have a cheerful attitude.
3 - I will complete all that I am expected to do.
4 - I will not complain.
5 - I will go the extra mile.

Admittedly, numbers 2 and 4 are the ones I struggle with most.  However, if I am to be the woman God has called me to be, and if I'm to be the mom who sets the right example, then it's something I'm going to strive to achieve.  Lord, help me!

No comments: