Saturday, November 12, 2011

Observing My Senses

For Today, November 12, 2011...

I am seeing...another b-e-a-utiful South Florida morning.  It was 60 degrees when we got up this morning, and is probably only a few degrees higher now.  The breeze is crisp, the sun is shining, it's definitely fall - finally!

I am feeling...tired lately, thanks to Daylight Savings Time.  I'm dozing off in my chair at 8:30 at night.  I hope my body adjusts to this soon.  I'm up before the alarm clock goes off and asleep before the chickens. :P

I am hearing...my son play with his Beyblades.  They're like tops, but much more sophisticated than the ones we played with when I was a kid.

I am tasting...the coffee I had this morning.  In a little while I'll be tasting some yummy holiday tea.  I got Candy Cane Lane this week, which has a peppermint candy cane taste to it.  Scrumptious!  Or maybe I'll have some more gingerbread spice tea.  Both make it feel like the holidays.

I am smelling...the wonderful smells of fall in Florida.  Folks plant flowers, myself included, to keep the air smelling nice.  I got some purple petunias on my front porch that are so pretty, I like to catch a glimpse of them through the window.  Marigolds in my backyard planter also smell like fall to me.

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings.  Won't you join me?

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi Arlene!

Isn't it funny how things can be so different on the other side of the country?! It was so cold and snowy here this morning that I wanted to crawl under the covers and stay there!

My petunias and marigolds are all gone, frozen and black . . . :0( But, the smell of marigolds also remind me of Fall, they are one of my favorite flowers. I'm so glad that you are able to have them year round!

I also love the holiday teas that they come out with each year! My favorite, although it's not a holiday tea is, Bengal Spice, lots of cinnamon in it!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Hugs,
Barb