Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, November 2, 2011...

Outside my window...the sun has appeared after many days of rain and clouds.  The breeze is cool, and the day is gorgeous.

I am thinking...about my upcoming trip to see my brother, sister, and brother-in-law in Central Florida.  We're so excited!

I am thankful...for my son feeling better this morning.  He had a slight fever and headache yesterday when I picked him up from school.  We've been praying, and thankfully his body seems to be fighting off whatever it is.

I am going...to get organized around here.  I'm gonna have to start packing soon.

I am wearing...a teal top, teal/brown/white skirt, and tan flip-flops.  That's the beauty of living in South Florida.  Flip-flops all year long.

I am noticing...that cooler temps are arriving sooner than usual this year, not just here but in the rest of the country.  A cold winter in South Florida is a good thing.  The cooler the water gets, the less hurricanes next year.

I am hoping...my siblings have a good time at DisneyWorld.

I am pondering these words..."A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him." - David Brinkley.

I am praying for...a safe drive up to Central Florida with no rain, a fun time with my family, and my youngest child to continue to feel better.

From the learning rooms...I'm looking forward to the science project to be over and done with!  We finished the actual experiment.  Only the raw lentils grew; the rest became moldy and stinky.  Now it's just finishing up paperwork and preparing the board.

From the kitchen...ground beef and rice.  My family's favorite meal.

I am reading...another free Nook Book, One Imperfect Christmas.  If you have a Nook, download this heartwarming story.

On my mind...the drive up to Central Florida.  We're a good 3 1/2 to 4 hours away.  I hate driving, but I'll do what it takes to be with my siblings and my kids.

Around the house...I gave Molly her bath yesterday.  Twice.  After giving her a good scrubbing, I left her outside while I cleaned up her bed and vacuumed the room.  She decided to dig a hole in the dirt to lay in.  :P  I got most of the floors cleaned.  Today I've gotta get a load or two of laundry and finish the floors.

One of my favorite things...a cool breeze coming through open windows.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

 

4 comments:

Mrs. W said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip! Thanks for sharing your November day with me!

Barb said...

Sounds like you are going to have fun! I love vacations too, especially when family is involved.

I wish I could wear flip flops year round . . . I'm so jealous... ;0)

Have a safe trip!

ExploreColorado said...

I'm sure you'll have a great time. My sister lives in Orlando: I always enjoy visiting her.

dtbrents said...

You have a beautiful blog. I pray you will have a safe trip and lots of fun. Doylene