Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, November 8, 2011...

Outside my window...it's starting to drizzle.  I hope we get some rain but not too much.  There were areas in South Florida that got flooding a couple weeks ago.  Wouldn't want to see that again.

I am thinking...about Michelle Duggar, and her announcement that they are expecting baby #20!  What great faith they have.  After having a preemie with so many complications, I wonder if I'd be ready to have another little one so soon, but they are trusting God and praising Him for this blessing.  I want a faith like that.

I am thankful...for the wonderful time I had with my siblings and my children this weekend.  So many old memories recalled, so many new memories made.

I am going...to clean another bathroom after this quick break.

I am wearing...a black blouse, grey skirt and flip-flops.  It's currently 75 degrees and cloudy out today.

I am noticing...how our dog Molly gets stomach issues anytime her schedule is changed, even slightly.  I have to take that into account whenever we plan anything.

I am hoping...the weather in Central Florida is nicer than here.  My brother, sister, and brother-in-law will be at the Disney parks all this week.  I really want them to have a great time.

I am pondering these words..."When you keep your eyes on Christ, everything will come into focus."

I am praying for...God's will to be done in my life.

From the learning rooms...we'll be preparing the project board for the science project this weekend.  I need to get pictures printed, and find some nice construction paper for decorating.

From the kitchen...it'll be tilapia today.  Something quick and simple, since there's still so much to do around the house.

I am reading...nothing yet.  I finished One Imperfect Christmas and loved it!  Now I'm charging my Nook to decide what I'll be reading next.

On my mind...Thanksgiving.  It's just a little over 2 weeks away.  Where has the time gone?!

Around the house...I did quite a bit yesterday.  Four loads of laundry, floors, kitchen, cleaned the rug Molly had her "accident" on (thankfully it cleaned really well and there's no sign of her mess), and now today I've cleaned one bathroom done and one more to go.  I also did a little work in the front yard, pulling weeds mostly, but it looks like the rain won't let me do much else outside.

One of my favorite things...Christmas carols.  I've got them playing right now.  As far as I'm concerned, it's never too early.

Here's a picture thought I'm sharing...my kids the day we arrived, playing video games.


Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  Have a blessed week.

2 comments:

SavedbyGrace said...

Hi Arlene, you stopped by my simple woman's daybook and I thought I would check yours out as well! I love that quote you posted about keeping your eyes on Jesus. I believe that in itself is such a difficult thing to do. THat's why we fail in our faith. Thankfully He doesn't give up on us :)

Barb said...

Hi Arlene!

I'm glad you made it back safe and sound! It's always good to see family, but always nice to come home too.

I think it's just great the Michelle Dugger is having another baby - they are so faithful in their desire to do God's will and serve Him!

I love Christmas carols anytime of year too!

What a good looking couch-full of kids!!

Hugs,
Barb