Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, November 22, 2011...

Outside my window...the sun is drying off all the rain from the past couple of days, and the weather is sweet and cool.  Perfect for giving Molly her bath.

I am thinking...of President Kennedy, who was assassinated this day 48 years ago.

I am thankful for...so much!  I've been thinking of all I have to be thankful for, and it's humbling.  God is so good, so generous, and so loving.  Thank You Lord Jesus, for all of my blessings.

I am going...to continue packing and preparing for my trip tomorrow.

I am wearing...a light blue top, blue and white prairie style skirt, and white flip-flops.  Last time I checked, it was 70 degrees out so I dress light.

I am noticing...how dark it gets.  By 6:00pm it's totally nighttime.

I am hoping...the weather holds up and we have a dry day tomorrow.  I hate driving in the rain.

I am pondering these words..."Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it." - William Arthur Ward.

I am praying for...a thankful Thanksgiving and a wonderful time with my children.

From the learning rooms...E gave his science project presentation yesterday, and it went well.  Tomorrow is a special day for 6th graders, sort of a field day with flag football and outdoor fun all day.  He's really looking forward to that.

From the kitchen...the standard for Tuesdays:  tilapia.

I am reading...still on The Frontiersman's Daughter.  I've only gotten about halfway through because with my daughter home and preparing for our trip I just haven't read as much as I like.  Of course I read my Bible everyday.

On my mind...the drive, which is 4 hours long, and the traffic, which I pray will be light.

Around the house...I'm gonna clean both bathrooms, give the floor a quick clean as well, and wash Molly's bedding.

One of my favorite things...Thanksgiving, and turkey!  With stuffing and mashed potatoes and gravy and corn and biscuits and....

Here's a picture thought I'm sharing...

This was in my neighbor's front yard on Saturday - a hawk!  And it had killed a pigeon (that's all the feathers around it) and was eating it.  When we got a little closer it flew away with the bird carcass.  What a sight that was!  My son E was especially thrilled to see this incredible bird.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

No comments: