Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

Here's a peek into the thoughts roaming my head this Thursday afternoon.

 - I've begun packing for our trip tomorrow.  At least the clothes and shoes are packed, and the portable DVD player is being charged.  So many things have to be left for the last minute: toothbrushes, deodorant, hair care, etc.  That'll have to wait till tomorrow.

 - Another thing I have to do tomorrow: prepare Molly's food and label it.  Dad is staying with her, but since E and I are the ones that always feed her, Dad doesn't know when she eats or how much.  I'm just gonna make it as easy as possible.

 - My siblings will be staying at one of the Disney World resorts, so we get to spend some time with them there.  Disney is my favorite place in this world!  I can't wait to see my brother, sister, brother-in-law, and Mickey!

 - Of course, it means I have to drive.  I don't like driving.  I think that's why I haven't been able to sleep well the last few nights.  I wake up after a driving dream and can't get back to sleep.  I've made the trip before, I just don't enjoy driving, especially long distances.  This is about a 4 hour drive.

 - The weather has been spectacular here in South Florida ever since the rain stopped.  The temps are in the mid 70's to lower 80's, humidity is very low, and there's a cool breeze blowing.  I've been able to keep the windows open most days, enjoying the sweet smell of fall.  It's my favorite time of the year, except for the allergies.

 - Speaking of which, I had to buy my son Zyrtec for his allergies.  The poor boy was so stuffed up yesterday, and Sudafed just wasn't cutting it.  Praying this stronger medicine does the trick for him.

 - I measured my youngest child the other day, and was surprised to find he's passed the 5 foot mark.  He's 5 feet 1/2 inches tall.  He's turning 12 the end of next month, and is one of the taller boys in his class.  It's surprising because his daddy is only 5'4".  Of course the men in my family are much taller.  I wouldn't be surprised if E passed his older brother, who is 5'8".

 - Next Wednesday I have the privilege of teaching during counsel time at Awana.  I'll be teaching on obedience vs. willfulness from 1 Samuel chapter 15.  I'm so looking forward to it!

 - I was trying to do a graph for E's science project on Microsoft Works.  (I have an old computer, okay?)  I prepared the information for Samples A-G, but I couldn't get the graph to include Sample G.  Come to find out, the graph only allows for 6 entries and I have 7.  Either I have to find another graph program or this will have to be done by hand.  Ugh!

Hmm, it's passed 4:30 now.  Time to warm up dinner, then help my son with his homework.  Have a blessed rest of your week!

1 comment:

Barb said...

I can tell you are anxious about your trip - and it sounds like so much fun! I will be keeping you in my prayers, that you will have a safe and peaceful trip. I don't like to drive long distances either.

Isn't it amazing how quickly kids grow! My 12 year old grandson is 5'7" - it just flabbergasts me! Sounds like you have some height in your family!

So glad you are having some cooler temps - 70's are perfect to me. Our high today was 50 degrees!

Have a wonderful evening!

Hugs,
Barb