Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

The week has flown by.  This is what's going through my head right about now:

- Tomorrow is Veteran's Day.  It's not just another day off of school or work.  It's a day to be thankful for men and women who put their lives on the line for our freedom and protection.  Let's be thankful to these brave service folks.

- I had the privilege of teaching during Counsel Time at Awana yesterday.  God is so good to allow me to teach His precious children.

- Tomorrow we're gonna tackle that science project and hopefully be done with it.

- I've done very little Christmas shopping this year.  I'm usually more than half-way done by now.  I'm running late, but I'm still pretty organized (I think; I hope).

- I'm praying for Mrs. Michelle Duggar who is expecting her 20th child.  Her last pregnancy was very difficult due to pre-eclampsia, her baby was born extremely early, and a few months later she had to have her gall bladder removed.  That's a lot for a body to go through.  I pray she's healthy and strong so she can carry this new little life to full term.

- I'm also praying for the Maxwell's, who are going to be grandparents again - twice!  Their son Nathan and daughter-in-law Melanie especially need prayer.  Melanie has had 5 pregnancies, all have been challenging, and they are currently raising 2 beautiful little girls.  I'm praying this pregnancy will be a much easier one, that her body will respond well to treatment, and that they are blessed with a healthy baby.  The Maxwell's 2nd son Christopher and his wife Anna-Marie are expecting their first blessing.  What an exciting time for this family!

- My sister, brother and brother-in-law are still at Disney World.  I'm so glad they're having the time of their lives!

- I tried a recipe for Italian lentil and pasta soup today.  It is sooo delicious!  I had 2 bowls for lunch, and another for dinner.  It has no meat in it yet tastes meaty and hearty.  It's also very healthful - lentils have lots of iron and fiber.  I'm gonna have to make this more often.

It's been a long busy day/week, so I think I'll go relax for a bit.  After I clean up the kitchen. :P

Good night everyone!

No comments: