Thursday, November 24, 2011

What I'm Thankful For

A sweet friend of mine from church has been doing a daily post on Facebook on what she's thankful for using every letter of the alphabet.  I thought it was a great idea, but she got started at the beginning of the month and I was away.  I've entered a few thankful thoughts on her Facebook page but I thought I'd do something similar here.  Ya'll can do it as well if you have time, or just meditate on what you're thankful for today.  I feel like thankfulness makes our day much more pleasant.


A = my sweet daughter A.Y.
B = the BEAUTY of creation
C = CHRIST
D = His DEATH on the cross
E = the gift of ETERNAL life, and my son E.N.
F = God's FAITHFULNESS
G = GRACE
H = HEAVEN - worth looking forward to!
I = He is the great I AM
J = JESUS
K = KINDNESS He shows me everyday
L = LOVE - that's what it's all about
M = the MIRACLES He's performed in my life
N = NATIVITY - the true meaning of Christmas
O = my God who is OMNISCIENT, OMNIPOTENT and OMNI-PRESENT
P = the PEACE that surpasses all understanding
Q = the QUIET, still voice of God
R = my oldest son R.A.
S = His STRENGTH is made perfect in my weakness
T = THANKSGIVING, and TURKEYS
U = the UNITED States of America, and UNCONDITIONAL love
V = VACATION time in Central Florida!
W = WHERE would I be without Jesus?!
X = the eXtraordinary women He's put in my life 
Y = the YUMMY food we get to eat all year, not just on Thanksgiving day
Z = ZION, where I will one day be with the Lord


May your Thanksgiving Day be filled with gratitude for all the blessings in your lives.

No comments: