Friday, December 16, 2011

Five Question Friday


Happy Friday!  I'm counting down the days till Christmas (it's 9, if you haven't noticed) and it gets more and more exciting!  So in honor of this special season, let's answer some Friday questions courtesy of Mama M at My Little Life.

 1. What's the best Christmas present you've ever received?
I've gotten some really nice stuff over the years, but I have to say the one I've enjoyed most, even though I didn't ever think I would, was the Nook I got from my sister last year.  I was sure I would never use an e-reader because I like holding a book in my hand and turning pages and turning back to pages I'd read, etc.  Let me tell you, once that Nook was in my hand I got accustomed to it REAL fast!  I absolutely love it now!

 2. Worst/Funniest White Elephant gift ever received?
Funniest - I got a make-up kit from my husband's cousin, the same one I'd given her when she graduated high school one year earlier.  I recognized it immediately.  Didn't mention it to her of course.  Why let everyone in the family know I'd been re-gifted something worth $60?

 3. Is your Christmas tree plain and simple (white lights and matching ornaments) or is it wild and crazy (colored lights with lots of ornaments collected over the years)?
My tree is wild and crazy.  There are white and multi-colored lights and so many different fun ornaments it takes a good while just standing there looking them over.  Many of them are funny, like the Santa dressed in Bermuda shorts (this is Florida, after all).  Others are sentimental, like the ones my children made.  And others are inspirational, such as the nativities.  It's a diverse tree, just like God's family.

 4. "How" do you iron your clothes? The old fashioned iron/ironing board way, the shower, back in the dryer, etc.
I use the iron and ironing board.  I guess I can't get away from the old-fashioned way of doing certain things.

 5. How much baking do you do for Christmas and what are your "must make" items? (I'm looking for recipes here, peeps...)
I like to give my neighbors bundt cakes for Christmas.  I use Duncan Hines cake mixes but I jazz them up to make them special.  I have 6 that I'll be baking for them this week, plus cupcakes for friends and church.  I also baked chocolate chip oatmeal cookies which we all love.  I'd bake more, but I end up eating a lot of it if I do, and let's be honest, I don't need the extra calories.

No comments: