Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, December 6, 2011...

Outside my window...the weather is totally opposite from the rest of the country.  It was 71 degrees this morning, and it's probably about 77 now.  Everyone else is getting cold weather but us.

I am thinking...about Christmas being more than just decorations and presents.

I am thankful...my daughter is almost done with this semester.  She's finishing up her final exams and is due home Thursday.  Yay!

I am going...to pick up my youngest son from school in a few minutes.

I am wearing...a yellow short sleeved hoodie, jean skirt and gold-toned sandals.

I am noticing...how pretty a house can look with less decorations.  It doesn't take much to bring a house to life at Christmastime, just lots of love.

I am hoping...my oldest son gets lots of days off this Christmas so he can spend more time at home.

I am pondering these words..."The coming of the Christ child is not a quiet, intimate event; it is a bold action by God to rescue His lost children from the enemy." - Light, a 4 week Advent devotional.

I am praying for...a deeper and closer relationship with God.

From the learning rooms...haiku.  Japanese poetry.  I am not a fan of poetry. :P

From the kitchen...fish tacos!  Oh, I love those so much!

I am reading...nothing other than my devotional and my Bible for now.

On my mind...my aunt and uncle.  I'd like to spend Christmas with them for a change.

One of my favorite things...baked goods at Christmastime.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Awana on Wednesday, my daughter comes home on Thursday, maybe a trip to the mall on Friday?  Not to shop, just to walk around and spend time with my little girl.

Here's a picture thought I'm sharing...our Christmas tree.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

What a beautiful Christmas tree you have. It looks like you have lots of open space. Praying that you get to spend much time with your children this Christmas!

♥ my diary♥ said...

nice post! thanks for sharing...happy holidays...blessings soraya