Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, December 15, 2011...

Outside my window...it's cloudy and overcast, but not humid.  It's breezy too.  It almost feels like fall.

I am thinking...about my mom, who is in the hospital.  She had a mild heart attack.  They're running tests to see what the appropriate treatment is.  At age 74, it's a longer recovery if she were to need surgery.  We're praying that won't have to happen.

I am thankful...for another year lived.  Yesterday I turned 48 years old.  Somedays I feel 84 ;).  Other days I feel 24.  I'm just grateful to the Lord I've lived this long.

I am going...to watch Prep and Landing, the Disney Christmas DVD my oldest son R gave me for my birthday.  He also gave me a Muppet Christmas CD.  He knows his mama so well. :)

I am wearing...a yellow tank top under a yellow short-sleeve hoodie, jean skirt and flip-flops.  It's about 73 degrees out today.

I am noticing...how nice my hair looks after a nice cut.  My ends were so damaged I looked like I was wearing a cheap wig.  It looks so healthy and pretty now.

I am praying...for healing for my mom, and for a dear friend's grandfather who is also in the hospital and not doing too well.

I am hoping...this time in the hospital will be a time of spiritual reflection for my mom.

I am pondering these words..."What makes humility so desirable is the marvelous thing it does to us; it creates in us a capacity for the closest possible intimacy with God." - Monica Baldwin.

From the learning rooms...tomorrow is the last day of school, then E is off till January 2.  He is so excited!  They had career day at school yesterday, and he enjoyed learning about different careers.  He especially was impressed with the police officers and karate teachers.

From the kitchen...my daughter is making chicken and dumplings in the crock pot.  Mama gets a vacation from the kitchen again!  Yesterday, for my birthday, we had dinner at Cracker Barrel.  Oh, was that yummy!  Now I'll need to go on a diet again. ;)

I am reading...my devotional and my Bible.

On my mind...my mom, of course.  She lives in NY and I live in Florida.  I wish I could be there to help my sister out.

One of my favorite things...Christmas cartoons.  Whether it's new ones like Prep and Landing, or the old classics like the Grinch or Charlie Brown, I just love feeling like a little kid when I watch them.

Here's a picture thought I'm sharing...
My little girl, and...

My boys.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Arlene!

Happy late birthday!!! I can barely remember when I was 48! I just turned 56, so I'm an old lady... :0) I love the Muppet Christmas, one of my favorite!

I'm so sorry about your mom, she will be in my prayers. I sure hope that she can avoid surgery. I know what you mean about spiritual reflection - my husband's mother is dying of liver cancer, and I have been praying that she will be able to find peace through spiritual reflection. Very hard for both moms.

Your daughter is just beautiful, and your sons are very handsome! What a beautiful family you have!

Hugs,
Barb

P.S. I love the Cracker Barrel!

Kristi said...

Oh my goodness...it was your birthday??!! I'm so sorry I missed it!! Happy, Happy Belated Birthday!!

Praying for your dear mom. Praying for your sister. Praying God will have His way in all of it!

Love the pics! I've missed your blog. I finally got my first real post up in ages. I need 48 hours in ONE day! ;)

♥ my diary♥ said...

nice post! thanks for sharing...happy holidays...blessings soraya