Saturday, January 28, 2012

Five Question Friday


*Sigh* Yes, I'm doing it again.  Friday questions on Saturday.  It was a busy day yesterday.  I wanted to get everything done early because the weather lady said it would rain.  But it didn't.  And it hasn't.  Oh well, at least I got a lot accomplished.  Now I can get my questions done!  Even if it is a day late...


1. Do you swim in the winter?
I can if I want to.  Typically, though, I don't.  I'm not much of a beach person anymore.  Not since I found out too much sun exposure causes wrinkles.  That kinda stuff didn't bother me 30 years ago, but I sure do care about it now.

2. Do you love or hate winter?
I have no reason to hate winter.  In South Florida, winter is more like spring.  As a matter of fact, we've had a very mild winter this year.  I've been able to keep the windows open for the most part, and with temps in the 60s and 70s it's been extremely pleasant.  Nope, I can't hate winter.

3. Do you put makeup/actual clothes on when you know you're going to be home all day with just family?
Makeup, no.  I don't even wear makeup to go to the grocery store or take my son to school most of the time.  I do change out of my jammies, though. You never know when someone my pop in unexpectedly, and I don't want to have to rush to get some clothes on.  Besides, clothes that are meant for sleeping make me feel lazy and tired.

4. How old were you when you had your first alcoholic beverage?
Hmm...probably about 13.  My mom would have wine in the house and she let me try it.  I should mention that's a practice I do not encourage, and have not done with my own children.  The idea that "just a sip" won't do any harm is, in my opinion, an erroneous one.

5. How many ill calls in a 12 month period do you think are acceptable?
For a normal, healthy person, I would say 6 should be the maximum.  Most working adults don't get sick that often, unless they are unhealthy and have some chronic malady, or have a very weak immune system.  If truth be told, many of the "sick days" people take are more about being "sick and tired of work" than of an actual illness.

Okay, now it's your turn.  Hop on over to Mama M's at My Little Life and answer your own five questions. Then have a great weekend.

No comments: