Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year, New Look

In my home, that is!  I've put away all the indoor Christmas decorations, including the tree, and put all the furniture back where it belongs.  There's still plenty of cleaning up to do but I'm taking that one day at a time, one room at a time.  I did go over to Kirkland's (my favorite store for home decor) this morning and found some incredible deals!  I think right after Christmas is the best time to find great stuff at greater prices.  Take a look at my stash:


This plate rack was what I needed in a spot in the dining room where I previously had a much larger flower arrangement.  I decided it was too overwhelming, and I put a smaller plant in its place, but then the wall looked bare.  I'm so glad I found this plate rack, complete with 3 plates depicting coffees (mocha, cappuccino, and espresso) for just $9.97 in the clearance rack.  But wait!  All clearance items also had an additional 25% off, so I ended up paying just $7.98.  What a bargain!


This arrangement is tall, about 3 feet tall, and I got it for $19.99, reduced from $29.99.  Again, perfect for the dining room.  It has to settle, since it was wrapped in plastic, but I can just picture how nice it'll look once the branches open up and the flowers can be better appreciated.  There was a statue there before that belonged to my husband which I'd never liked.  This is more to my taste.


From the moment I saw this I fell in love.  The words say, "Wisdom...ask and it will be given, seek and you will find."  It's at the entrance of the house, on the right of the front door.  For $10.99 I couldn't go wrong.


This sweet little plaque almost jumped out at me.  I've always wanted a plate or plaque with this Scripture, and I found this one, with the stand, for $5.  AND it was the last one!  I guess that means it was meant for me. ;)


Lastly, found this lovely vase, and with the clearance price and additional discount, I paid - get this - $2.98! Seriously!  I'm one happy camper after getting all these bargains!  Fixing up my house and turning it into a home is one of my favorite pastimes, and today was a successful day.  Now to enjoy it!

3 comments:

Memoirs of Me & Mine said...

Nice!
I've been taking my Christmas decorations down slowly. I hope I finally got them all.
http://www.memoirsofmeandmine.com/

Kristi said...

LOVE IT!!! There are very few earthly things that make me more happy then finding good bargains on decor for the home! A new look, even with just a few new items, really changes the mood in the house, and I love that! So glad you got such great finds, and I think the "for me and my house" is my favorite! (Even though I love all you got!) I adore that scripture on items for the house, and the colors in that are just beautiful!! So happy for you!

Karen said...

I used to love shopping at Kirklands, but ours closed up a couple of years ago :( You found some nice things!