Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, January 10, 2012...

Outside my window...I could not ask for a more beautiful day.  The sky is perfectly blue, the trees are swaying in the breeze, there's a cool breeze coming in through the window, and there's no humidity to speak of.  It feels more like spring than winter.

I am thinking...of my daughter, who is on her way back to Central Florida for her last semester of college, and what the Lord has planned for her next.

I am thankful for...our dog Molly, who keeps me company now that my older kids are away and my little one is in school.

I am going...to pick up E from school, then take a trip to the library.

I am wearing...a light blue top, blue prairie style skirt, and flip-flops.  It's currently 76 degrees and sunny.

I am noticing...a few pounds left over from the holidays that need to come off.

I am hearing...the rustle of palm fronds in the wind, and Molly behind me taking a nap.

I am praying...my daughter has a safe trip back to Central Florida.  She should arrive there before 2pm.

I am hoping...this last semester of school is a good one for her.  I'm also hoping my son can finish up school and find a job in his field.

I am pondering these words..."Yes, God is absolutely sovereign and knows all.  Yes, human beings are called to make a genuine decision to place faith in Christ unto salvation.  These two facts seem contradictory to us, but in the mind of God they make perfect sense."

From the learning rooms...kinetic energy and decimals.

From the kitchen...burgers and fries.  I love these grill pans that work right on the stove, since our barbecue isn't working.

I am reading...I'm ashamed to say I'm still reading The Vigilante's Bride because I just haven't sat down to finish it.  I'm busy doing research on Calvinism vs. Arminiansim for our Sunday school class.

On my mind...my children, and the future.

One of my favorite things...a cool springtime breeze.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Awana tomorrow, and hopefully I can get to that garage so I can do some cleaning and then a trip to Goodwill to make a deposit.  I've been saying that since last week, and I need to get it done.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

2 comments:

Farming On Faith said...

Enjoyed reading along with your thoughts today.

Happy Blessed New Year!

Susan B said...

I enjoyed reading your daybook. Your weather sounds almost like summer time!

Thank you for stopping by my blog, and leaving a comment. It was great to 'meet' you! I hope you are enjoying a wonderful week! :)