Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, January 24, 2012...

Outside my window...is a day so beautiful the rest of the nation is probably green with envy.  My back patio looks amazing after giving everything a good cleaning.  It's warm, breezy, and tidy.  Just the way I like it!

I am thinking...as I approach 50 (the end of next year as a matter of fact) I wonder if I'll have the energy to do all I do now?  I sure hope I have my health so that I do.

I am thankful...for the trials God allows in my life, because I know God doesn't allow more than I can bear.

In the kitchen...fried chicken tenders, macaroni and cheese, and fried green beans.

I am wearing...a bronze colored top, jean capri's and white flip-flops.  It's 77 degrees and breezy.

I am creating...nicer outdoor spaces.

I am going...to dry my hair after I finish with this post.

I am wondering...where the years have gone?  It's like just yesterday I was 25 years old.

I am reading...Morning and Evening Daily Readings by Charles Spurgeon.  I love Spurgeon's writings, and this devo for my Nook cost just $.99!  A ridiculously good bargain!  There's a devotion for every morning and evening of the year.  I'm getting more out of the Word, and that's always a good thing!

I am hoping...to get to the front yard this week.  It's looking dismal.

I am looking forward to...Family Fun Night at our church this Saturday.  Bounce houses, food trucks, fun, fellowship, and a movie.  They're keeping the movie a surprise, but I'd love for it to be Courageous!

I am learning...a lot from this new devotional.

Around the house...everything is pretty much in order, which is why I'm working on the outdoors.  The garage looks so neat and spacious!  That was a big task, but I'm glad I took it on.  The results are my reward.

I am pondering these words..."It is easier to build a boy than to mend a man."

A few plans for the rest of the week...Awana tomorrow, hopefully a trip to the library to return some books, Family Fun Night on Saturday, church on Sunday.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

No comments: