Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, January 31, 2012...

Outside my window...it's a gorgeous day!  The breeze coming in is refreshing, the clouds keep the temperature cool without being cold, and the sun peeks out to keep us warm.

I am thinking...of the brush fires that are popping up due to this weather.  Unfortunately we've gotten almost no rain, and the dryness causes fires which can be very dangerous.  Just this morning there were some not far from where my aunt and uncle live.

I am thankful for...pretty days when I can open the windows and let the fresh air and sounds of nature in my home.

In the kitchen...I'll be making tilapia for lunch/dinner.  I don't make separate meals for lunch and dinner, I just make enough for both so I don't have to cook twice.

I am wearing...a black and white top, black and white paisley print skirt, and red flats.  It's currently 70 degrees and breezy.

I am creating...a plan for our trip to Central Florida.

I am going...to start the packing process.

I am wondering...if our dog Molly is going through her cycle again.  There were some spots on the floor that would indicate it.  I intended on getting her fixed next month, but it looks like she may have gotten ahead of me.

I am reading...just my Bible and my devotions.  I haven't been reading as much because my eyes get tired quickly.  Time for new glasses.

I am hoping...to have a fun and relaxing time with my children this weekend, Lord willing.

I am looking forward to...sitting down with my older children, playing board games and enjoying time with all three of them.

I am learning...to be patient when I want something.  If I can't get it right away, it may be because there's something better yet to come.

Around the house...I've got everything pretty much under control ;).  It's clean and neat, just the way I like it.

I am pondering these words..."He who runs from God in the morning will scarcely find Him the rest of the day." - John Bunyan.

A few plans for the rest of the week...I hope we can make it to Awana tomorrow.  It depends on how much I get done during the day.  We leave for Central Florida on Thursday and will be back home, Lord willing, on Sunday.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

No comments: