Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

It's been a busy and productive day today.  Here are some highlights:

 - Went to the post office this morning.  It took 30 minutes to get a package and letter sent out.  And you know what?  I wasn't irritated by it!  Isn't that great?!

 - I got lots accomplished in the garage.  I was able to take 3 boxes and one bag filled with clothes, toys, CD's, DVD's and more over to Goodwill.  The garage is starting to look so much better!  There are still some things that I need to find proper homes for, and another box for Goodwill that didn't fit in the car, but I think I'll be done with it before the weekend.  Yay!

 - Awana was fun last night.  I love those kids!  I found out we're having Family Fun Night the last Saturday of this month at our church.  Bounce houses, food trucks, and an outdoor movie (the perks of living in South Florida!).  The movie is a surprise.  I'm hoping it's Courageous, though someone mentioned it will most likely be a children's film.  I really want to see Courageous.

 - I did have one unpleasant episode today.  A couple of Jehovah's Witness ladies came to my door.  Since I was raised JW, I know the teachings, and after having read and studied my Bible I've come to the conclusion that they don't teach sound biblical doctrine.  I wasn't even going to open the door, but the Holy Spirit prompted me to speak with them.  One of the ladies was very respectful; the other woman was so extremely rude!  She had the nerve to tell me my church can't possibly teach me the Bible because they don't have the Holy Spirit!  When I told her that I'm quite sure the Holy Spirit is there and that His presence is felt, she looked at her companion and said, "You hear that?" very sarcastically.  Little did she know it was only by the power of the Holy Spirit I didn't slap her!  I try always to be kind and respectful of the Witnesses because my mother is a Jehovah's Witness and I don't like anyone to be disrespectful to my mom.  I speak the truth in love and treat them as I would like to be treated.  This woman had such a bad attitude, as though she alone is righteous because her way is the only right way.  It was exasperating and very troubling.  I felt the agitation of the Spirit within me because she was being so rude, almost doing it on purpose to see my reaction.  Her companion seemed embarrassed at her responses to me, and said she'd come again another day to speak to me some more.  If she brings Pharisee lady I won't open the door.

 - It reminded me of my Bible reading this morning.  Noah spent 120 years telling his neighbors a flood was coming, and all they did was laugh at him, mock him, disrespect him.  He never quit, though, never wavered in his faith, and for that he was rewarded.  No matter how upset I might get, truth is I don't have it as bad as Noah did.  I just have to keep that in mind.

 - Oh, I got some really good deals at Winn-Dixie today!  I needed to get Molly her dry dog food; she's a big dog, so I feed her a can of wet food in the morning and another can of wet food with a cup of dry food in the afternoon.  Winn-Dixie has the large bag of Pedigree for $15.99, and along with it a pouch of Pupperoni, a pouch of Cesar snacks, a pouch of Dentastix and 2 small cans of Cesar dog food for FREE!!  Now Molly and I are both happy!

I better get going; E is complaining that he's hungry.  Have a pleasant evening everyone!

No comments: