Monday, February 13, 2012

Move It Monday

It's Monday, and boy have I been moving it!  It's been a busy day, which I enjoy because it means I've been productive.  Here's a list of what went on this morning:

I stopped at Winn-Dixie for some almond milk which I'm running out of.  Once I tasted almond milk there was no going back!  Since I'm lactose intolerant I wanted to try some milk alternatives.  Lactaid is, in my opinion, yucky.  It leaves me with an aftertaste that I'm not at all fond of.  I tried soy milk; it's okay, but I've read it isn't the most recommended for women - it can mess with the hormones, something I don't need when I'm standing at menopause's door.  Someone told me to try nut milk.  I was hesitant at first, but I figured I'd give it a try.  It's delicious!  Vanilla almond milk oatmeal is one of my favorite breakfasts now!

When I got home I tackled the floors.  Molly is still going through her cycle, and from the looks of it she was up and about quite a bit last night.  Molly likes to get up in the middle of the night to make her rounds; check to make sure the house is safe for her family.  She usually doesn't get up more than once, but it looked like she had at least gotten up twice.  There was plenty to clean up, and dog hair too.  She doesn't shed as much since I began bathing her with Ultra Gain dishwashing liquid, but with the weather being all rain or all cold I haven't been able to give her a bath.  She doesn't smell bad, and I did wash her bedding, but I think that's why she's started shedding again.  It took a good while to get the floors cleaned up, then on to the hall bathroom.  That's the one my son uses, and let's face it, boys aren't the neatest little creatures on earth.  I also washed our bedding, did some dusting in the family room, swept the front porch, then made lunch/dinner (I typically make one large meal and that's what we eat for the day).  I made white rice, black beans, ground beef, mixed veggies, fried plantains and a salad.  Trust me, I was hungry!  It's probably the favorite meal in our family, and one my son greatly appreciates seeing when he gets home!

I thought about giving Molly a bath this afternoon, but it's just too breezy out, and the breeze is pretty cool.  I don't want her shivering from the cold, poor thing, so it'll have to be tomorrow.  I'm planning on doing my hair this afternoon, probably after dinner, then relaxing and playing Monopoly Deals with E (it's like Monopoly only in a card game).  Hope everyone has a pleasant evening.

No comments: