Saturday, February 4, 2012

Observing My Senses

For Today, February 4, 2012...

I am seeing...the living area of my kids apartment flooded with sunlight.  It's gonna be a lovely day!

I am feeling...joy at being with my children, and sadness for my dear friend who can't be with her son when he needs her.  That's the kind of sacrifices military families make.  We should be forever grateful.

I am hearing...the whir of the refrigerator motor.  That's it.  Everyone else is asleep.

I am tasting...my morning coffee while I wait for breakfast to be ready.

I am smelling...Pillsbury biscuits baking in the oven.

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings.  Won't you join me?

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I am very thankful for our military. I was an Army brat growing up. It wasn't easy moving so much.