Saturday, February 18, 2012

Observing My Senses

For Today, February 18, 2012...

I am seeing...no better than last week :P.  I finally got the call that my glasses had arrived, but it was 5:00pm and neither of us wanted to trek over to Walmart at that hour.  I guess I'll have to find time to go this afternoon, when it's packed to the gills.

I am feeling...a little sinus-y this morning.  I guess because I opened the windows to let some fresh air in.  I must have let the pollen in as well.

I am hearing...birds chirping outside, and cartoons in the family room.  I like the sounds of the birds better.

I am tasting...the delicious breakfast my 12 year old son prepared for me :).  He made scrambled eggs, bacon for me and sausages for himself, and warmed up biscuits.  He's been asking me to teach him how to make scrambled eggs because he wanted to make me breakfast.  He's such a little sweetheart!  He did a very good job, too.

I am smelling...the fresh air coming in through the windows, but not for long.  It's already 70 degrees out, and it's supposed to get up into the low 80s.  With the sun blaring and not a cloud in the sky, we'll be feeling the heat.  Time to turn on the a/c!

It just takes a moment to observe your surroundings.  Won't you join me?

1 comment:

Mrs. O said...

He made the breakfast .... but who did the dishes? ;)