Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, February 7, 2012...

Outside my window...it's dark, and I can see lightning flashing in the distance.  We went from dry sunny days to  humid rainy days in one fell swoop.  It's amazing how quickly the weather can change!

I am thinking...about my older kids, and what they're gonna do once my daughter graduates college.

I am thankful for...so many things!  I went to my daughter's church this Sunday, and the pastor gave everyone a 3X5 index card to write down all the things we can be thankful for.  I can fill a whole box of index cards and still have much to be thankful for!

I am going...to bed in a little while.  Well, in a few hours.

I am wearing...my jammies.  I took a shower so I could do my hair, and since it's late I figured I might as well get ready for bed.

In the kitchen...we had burgers and fries on the indoor grill.  I love that grill pan!  It lets us have barbecue on rainy days.  What's not to love?!

I am creating...a new look just by changing things around the house.  There was a show on HGTV years ago called Decorating Cents, where they would show how to achieve a new look in your home without spending any money, just by moving furniture and accessories around.  That's what I'm trying to do now.

I am wondering...when I'm ever going to finish this post.  My son has interrupted me several times already.

I am reading...my Bible, my daily devotions, and that's it.

I am hoping...I don't overwork myself, because my sciatica is acting up.  The drive down caused some swelling and I was in lots of pain on Sunday.  I'm better today but I have to be sure not to overdo.

I am looking forward to...getting my Costco rebate this month.  Trying to figure out what I'm going to use it for.

I am learning...that things don't always go the way I plan them.  And that's okay.

Around the house...I was able to do some dusting and lots of vacuuming and mopping today.  Yesterday I did laundry so I could rest.  Hopefully I'll be able to do bathrooms tomorrow.

I am pondering these words... "It was Lord who put into my mind (I could feel His hand upon me) that fact that it would be possible to sail from here to the Indies. All who heard of my project rejected it with laughter, ridiculing me. There is no question that the inspiration was from the Holy Spirit, because He comforted me with rays of marvelous inspiration from the Holy Scriptures." - from the journals of Christopher Columbus.

A few plans for the rest of the week...we have Awana tomorrow, and E will be taking his race car in to be weighed for next week's Grand Prix.  He's really excited about that.  Just the regular stuff the rest of the week.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.

1 comment:

Love Bears All Things said...

Arlene, I wanted to thank you for visiting my daybook. I hope you continue to improve and are able to do all the things you have on your list.
I like the quote in the previous post.
Mama Bear