Monday, March 19, 2012

Move It Mondays

Ah, a new week has begun, and so have the routines.  Spring break is over, E and I are pretty much over our colds, and he's back in school.  I felt terrible for him last week, because he spent most of it in bed either with fever or with the runs.  He finally felt better on Friday, so I took him to see The Lorax.  What a cute movie!  We laughed and had nice time.  I know it didn't make up for 4 days of being sick, but it did cheer him up quite a bit.

After dropping E off at school today, it was time to focus on Molly.  I hadn't given her a bath since a week before her surgery, and boy was she getting stinky!  She was also shedding a lot, probably because she was so dusty.  She's so well recovered I decided it was a good day to get her cleaned up.  I took her for her morning walk first; that way she burned off some energy.  Once she was clean I washed her bedding, and now she smells as sweet as her disposition.

I worked on the yard today.  There were some palm fronds that needed to be cut up and thrown away, and lots of little leaves in the front yard from a big tree the town planted when we moved here.  I raked, I trimmed bushed, I cut off dead leaves from the smaller palm trees, and finally stopped when the trash bin was completely filled.  It's a good thing tomorrow is trash day!

I did one load of laundry, then after lunch I moved all the furniture out of the dining room so I could polish the floors.  Even though the floors are laminate and not real wood, they stay in much better condition if they're polished twice a year.  Besides, they look and smell so incredible!  I think I'll work on the living room tomorrow.  It's a big job, and I have to do it bit by bit.

I'm happy to say it wasn't TOO hard getting up this morning.  I've almost adjusted myself to the new time after "springing forward" one hour, but I don't like that it's dark when I get up.  Hopefully that'll change soon.  It's still pretty light out at 7:30pm which is nice.

That's my Monday so far.  Have a blessed week everyone!

No comments: