Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

* When I got up this morning, I found that our dear, lovable, sweet dog Molly had removed her cone from around her neck.  This doesn't surprise me; she's managed to wiggle out of her dog collar before, and it's not the first time she takes the cone off either.  What was funny this time, was her reaction when I walked into the room and saw the cone lying next to her.  I said to her, "Molly, you took your cone off!  How did you do that?" and she lifted her head towards me and closed her eyes.  It was almost as if by not seeing me she wouldn't get in trouble.  I just had to laugh at her.  I checked her, and it doesn't look like she's been messing with her scar, so I left the cone off and will be watching her.  I mean really, how would I like it if I had to walk around with a silly cone on my neck?

* Molly's doing great now, even running around in the yard chasing the neighbor's cat (which she's not supposed to do but what can I do?  She needs to go out, and that stupid cat should stay in her own yard).  She's eating normally again, and is her old cheerful self.  We love her so much.

* My son and I are also on the mend from this nasty cold.  We both have coughs and runny noses, but at least his fevers seem to have ceased and he had a bit of an appetite last night.  He didn't want to eat anything because he said everything tasted bad.  Yet the chocolate pie tasted just fine :/.  How convenient.

* We had pie yesterday because it was Pi Day (3/14, or 3.14).  My oldest son went all out, making chicken pot pie, pizza pie and shepherd's pie, along with chocolate pie for dessert.  I'm glad he enjoys cooking for himself, and I'm sure his future wife will appreciate it too.  My daughter was thankful she didn't have to cook.  It gave her more time to clean up the mess. :P

* Our weather has been really nice this week, which is sort of a bummer since we've been sick and haven't been able to enjoy it.  It's especially bad for my son who is on spring break but hasn't been outdoors all week.  We've gotten rain but it's always been at night or very early in the morning, then the rest of the day it's sunny and breezy.  I love this time of the year!

* Except for one thing: Daylight Savings Time.  I hate the whole changing the clock thing!  It's like having jet lag without ever getting on a plane.  The clock has changed, but my body hasn't.  I still wake up at what would have been 6:30am, only now it's 7:30am so I feel like I'm running an hour late all day.  Then my regular bed time rolls around, which is 10:00pm, only that's the old 9:00pm and I'm not sleepy.  I can try to go to bed, but then I'll be tossing and turning in the middle of the night because I went to bed too early.  Of course since it's spring break it hasn't been a big deal, but next week school starts again and we'll be waking up a whole hour earlier.  Trust me, I'm not looking forward to that.

That's my week so far.  Have a blessed Thursday!

1 comment:

momto8 said...

we were just talking about the whole daylight savings thing...just imagine the coordinated effort of every clock in the whole world changing time!!!