Friday, April 20, 2012

Five Question Friday



Happy Really Really Hot Friday!  I don't know about where you are, but here in South Florida it is very hot!  It's already 80 degrees out, but what makes it feel so uncomfortable is the humidity.  We got some rain yesterday afternoon and it seems the humid air stayed with us.  Molly and I had to cut our morning walk short because it was too hot to walk.  Maybe I'll make it up to her this afternoon, if it cools off.

Okay, time for Five Question Friday!  If you'd like to join in, hop on over to Mama M's at My Little Life.

1. Groceries are high right now what is easiest way you have found to cut back?
I check the circulars and try to find good bargains near the house so I don't have to drive out too far (because gas prices are atrocious as well).  The Winn-Dixie supermarket is right by my son's school, so whenever they have a good sale (which is pretty often) I stock up.  Especially when it comes to snacks, I look for sales because those can really add up.

2. What are the top 3 things on your "bucket list"?
I confess I didn't know what a bucket list was till I saw this question and googled it.  Um, let's see.  I want to have grandchildren that I can love on and spoil to my heart's content.  I want to visit our nation's Capitol.  And I want to lead someone to Christ before I die.

3. Would you rather give up AC or heat?
Ha, that's easy.  No one in South Florida would ever consider giving up air conditioning.  That would be like giving up oxygen completely.  No, I love the heat, but I can't tolerate humidity, so the a/c is a need, not a want.

4. What's your favorite cocktail??
I don't drink cocktails, but I do enjoy a non-alcoholic pina colada every now and then.

5. What was your first job & how old were you?
My first job was in 1980 when I worked as a clerk at one of the main offices of Chemical Bank in downtown NY near Wall Street.  I was 16 years old.

1 comment:

Monica B said...

DC is one of my favorite cities of all time. I hope you make it there someday!