Friday, April 27, 2012

Five Question Friday



What a lovely Friday evening here in South Florida!  It's supposed to rain tonight, which would be so neat!  I love hearing the rain against the window at night; it's like God's lullaby.

Here are my five answers for this week's five questions.  If you want to give it a try, visit Mama M at My Little Life.

1. Do you make your kids finish all the food on their plates?
No, I avoided that because my mom used to make me sit at the table for hours till I cleaned my plate, and I hated it.  I tried to serve what I believed they would eat, and I've not had a problem.

2. Do you give an allowance?
Not a weekly allowance, but my youngest will get money for good grades and accomplishments in school.  I don't believe in giving a child an allowance just because.  Children need to learn to earn, or else they grow up expecting everything to be given to them as though they deserve it just for existing.  The world isn't kind that way.

3. Do you actually park your car in the garage?
NO!  And it annoys me to no end!  When we first moved in to this house I did park in the garage, then the hubby decided he wanted to convert the garage into a game room, and put a 9 foot pool table in there along with exercise equipment and a wall unit complete with TV, DVD player and music.  Well, the pool table got lots of use in the beginning, then it slowly became a trash collector.  The exercise equipment got used sporadically, and now isn't used at all.  My son will occasionally have his little friends over and they'll play pool, but it's not like he's in love with the thing.  I want my garage back!!

4. What is one food you will NEVER cook?
Okra.  'Cause it's nasty.

5. Do you have anything exciting planned for the summer?
Moving my 2 oldest children back to South Florida.  My daughter graduates from college next Thursday (yay!) and both kids want to come back down.  That's fine with me - I love having my babies nearby!

1 comment:

Nani said...

I love the photo from the Friday Fill-In. I can imagine how exciting having them move back near you is! When my brother and my nieces, who I had a hand in raising when they were young, moved to Indiana I went through a bit of an empty nest feeling myself.