Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today, April 24, 2012...

Outside my window...is the loveliest blue sky, serving as a backdrop to green trees and tile roofs.

I am thinking...if the weather were like today every single day, I'd be very happy.

I am thankful...for beautiful days like today, and for not-so-beautiful days too.  Everyday is a blessing.

I am going...to have to take a Benadryl for my allergies.  It always happens when I'm working in the yard.  Like today - I cut the grass and now I'm all stuffed up.

I am wearing...a black t-shirt, jean bermuda shorts and white flip-flops.  It's 77 degrees out, sunny and breezy.

I am noticing...a few coconuts in one of our palm trees.  Too bad they're too high to reach.

In the kitchen...I made tilapia today, because it's fast and easy and I was tired after working all morning in the yard.

I am reading...Genesis with my son, A Love That Multiplies during my down-time, and In Search of Christian Freedom for my personal study.

I am hoping...my allergies won't get too out of hand.

I am wondering...if I take a nap now, will I be able to sleep tonight?

I am looking forward to...my daughter's graduation.  It's a little over a week away.

Around the house...I've been working more outside than inside thanks to the beautiful weather.  I did some major cleaning last week so the house is still looking good.

I am pondering these words..."He came to pay a debt He did not owe, because we owed a debt we could not pay." - author unknown.

One of my favorite things...is the feeling of accomplishment when I've finished a task or chore.

A few plans for the rest of the week...my son E has FCAT's tomorrow and Thursday.  We have Awana tomorrow night, and of course church on Sunday.

Wanna join in the fun?  Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook.  God bless.


3 comments:

Cindy said...

This is a sweet blog - thanks for the visit today - you have encouraged me!

Barb said...

Hi Arlene!

I just love those perfect days!

It sounds like you have a busy few weeks ahead of you - good luck with the graduation and all that goes along with it! It will be delightful!

I love that quote - I had to read it twice and think about it . . . but I love it!

Hugs,
Barb

joy said...

Wonderful post:) first time to visit and enjoying the entries:)