Friday, May 11, 2012

Five Question Friday



Ah, Friday, blessed Friday!  The day before Saturday, when I get to sleep in for a half hour longer than the rest of the week!  Yes, I get to wake up at 7am instead of 6:20 (okay, a full 40 minutes more of sleep).  What can I say, I'm a morning person.

So, here are my Five Question Friday answers, and if you want to try your hand at it visit Mama M at My Little Life.

1. What advice would you give a couple getting married?
Remember these 2 words:  I'm sorry.  Use them frequently.  They heal wounds faster than Neosporin.

2. If you could tell your 16 year old self ONE thing, what would it be?
Obey God in all things.  Not religion, but God.  Religion makes up rules, God teaches in love.  Obey Him above everything, and life will be a whole lot easier.

3. What do you do to keep cool in the summer? (AC, windows, fans, swimming, etc.)
Here in very hot, very humid South Florida, it's impossible to spend the summer with the windows open unless you want to convert your entire home into a sauna.  Since we don't have a swimming pool, our only option is the air conditioner working together with ceiling fans in all the bedrooms and the family room.

4. What did you (or your wife) crave most while pregnant?
That question depends on the pregnancy.  With my oldest I couldn't stand eggs, not even the smell of them, but with my 2nd pregnancy I ate white rice and fried eggs several times a week.  With the oldest I craved mini Reese's peanut butter cups, which explains why my son loves them so much.  With my youngest it was pasta.  It seemed to be the only thing I could hold down in my first trimester for some reason, so I enjoyed it all the more.

5. Who is your favorite TV mom? Why?
Oh wow.  Um, let's see...I guess Mrs. Claire Huxtable from The Cosby Show, because she taught her children with love and consistency, and loved her husband.  She had a lucrative career but still put her family first.  I think she was one of the few Proverbs 31 moms on television.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Claire Huxtable was on my short list, too. And I really like your marriage advice.